Just the norm... Route W3

So what do I mean by the title "just the norm...". Well route W3 was part of one of Arriva London North's routes to gain some of the brand new 78...Wait for it... wait for it....Enviro 400's. So typical on London's roads. Where is variety when we need it! Anyway, Route W3 runs between Northumberland Park and Finsbury Park Northern Bus Station via Alexandra Palace.


T201/LJ61CHD seen at Wood Green- Route W3

The new Enviro 400's for W3 are ran from Lea Valley Garage and contains:
-A Cummins iSBe Engine with a ZF Gearbox
-a weight of UW 11655 KGS
-a horsepower of 250HP which is more that the hybrid example
-64 seats
- "Usain Bolt" doors

Whilst out today I found a 341 Enviro 400 which strayed onto W3, I rode on it to Finsbury Park (From Wood Green), I managed to get a shot too.
T157/LJ60AVE seen at Finsbury Park Bus Station - Route W3
The W3 was also to be found with some DB250LF/ ALX400's many of which were from Norwood Garage in south London and some ex Thornton Heath S regs were found too. The S regs shots should be updated within the next 8 hours once Dave's shots are also on this post too. But here are my ones. Although I didnt get a picture of DLA158's Exterior. I got a picture of the moquette and I just have to say that bus is phenomenal. One of the best DLA's I've been on very good up hills!
DLA190/W434WGJ seen at Finsbury Park - Route W3
Old Arriva London moquette

Arriva London interior
Now for some other shots!
Well what can I say! I day of odd workings! Some shots I didnt manage to get were 2420/ SN61CXZ on the 344, WVL449 on the 468 and 9756/65 on the 3. Anyway, whilst out with Jack, Dave and Jamaal I managed to find a rare odd on Route 358. Yes an Optare Esteem 1D. I was very surprised to find this on the route and how on earth could a 1D manage the whole of the 358.

235/PO56JFN seen at Crystal Palace - Route 358


Also a Very rare working, Here is E18 on the 363



As usual I expected to see diesel buses on Route 3. So below is a picture of "Diesel Enviro400 meets Hybrid Enviro400"
Some other shots of the 3, sorry for the blur in the next shot. I'd stepped outside my house and saw this bus coming my way. I immediately got my camera out but didnt have time to focus my shot. So here is 9413 below.

Now for the rest of my shots!
TE887/LK08DXZ seen at Finsbury Park - Route 210

TE683/LK55KXS seen at Finsbury Park-Route W7

VN37934/BF60UVD seen at Euston- Route 18

TN33047/LN51DVM seen at Euston- Route 476

SP13/YN56FBX seen at Chalk Farm- Route 27
9026/BX55XLY seen at Crystal Palace- Route 157


11 comments:

  1. Hi, Great Post.
    When will all of the new E400's for route W3 be in service. It has taken too long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know but Arriva are taking too long to train their drivers to use the new busses considering that they 'hastily' ordered them in October.

      An Arriva spokesperson said that they should be in service probably by the end of February.

      Delete
    2. Most will be in service by the middle of march

      Delete
  3. You think thats mad metrobus have put 1DR 8.8m dart on 161 on two occasions i think http://londonbusesbyadam.zenfolio.com/p185967494/h2127bd86#h2127bd86 looks stuffed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the photos of the 161 you refer to were 5 & 6 years ago. I remember the red dart going out and went bananas, however the people on it rather be on it than standing at the stop cos there was no bus. It was subbed at the earliest opportunity.

      Delete
    2. There has even been a 10.2M Dart on the X26

      Delete
  4. Yes, Dave I remeber a 10.2 metre Dart on Route X26 that was when it started and the Omnicity's were a bit late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One error, they are actualy East Lancashire Coachbuilders Vyking's but have an Esteem front. They

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to make changes that will bring about an improved posts. However, if you misuse this facility, we will be forced to contact your Internet Service Provider, so be careful!