Another visit to Metroline's CELF Centre: New DE's for 46
As many of you know, Metroline have their own engineering centre which is called the CELF centre situated in Perivale. The word 'CELF' stands for Central Engineering & Logistics Centre. Our main focus for today was to check out the brand new 10.25m E20D/E200's bound for route 46 from King's Cross Garage in central London. The new E20D/E200's or should I say 'DE's' shall see its self entering service for Olympic shuttle routes before they begin their new life on the 46 from September 2012.
Many seem to be excited over the new DE's for the 46. I have to say that it is nothing so special seeing as it is the same old story 24/7. Personally I don't think they look that great with Metroline, but oh well. We all have different opinions.
Some things what the new DE's contain are:
-a weight of U.W. 7674 KGS
-a body length of 10.25 metres
-a horsepower of 225 on a Alison Gearbox with a Cummins isBe Engine
-a seating capacity of 29
-Estaban Civic seats
-Strangly enough, these have not had iBus display screens fitted as yet...
Below is the rest of Dave and my observations at the CELF. I hope that you have enjoyed this post.
I will also like to add anyone is allowed to CELF centre as it is on public property (Perivale Business Park). You are only not allowed to go to the indoor engineering section without permission for authorised staff members of Metroline. Feel free to visit CELF as it is for everyone not just for a few people :)!
Many seem to be excited over the new DE's for the 46. I have to say that it is nothing so special seeing as it is the same old story 24/7. Personally I don't think they look that great with Metroline, but oh well. We all have different opinions.
Some things what the new DE's contain are:
-a weight of U.W. 7674 KGS
-a body length of 10.25 metres
-a horsepower of 225 on a Alison Gearbox with a Cummins isBe Engine
-a seating capacity of 29
-Estaban Civic seats
-Strangly enough, these have not had iBus display screens fitted as yet...
Below is the rest of Dave and my observations at the CELF. I hope that you have enjoyed this post.
I will also like to add anyone is allowed to CELF centre as it is on public property (Perivale Business Park). You are only not allowed to go to the indoor engineering section without permission for authorised staff members of Metroline. Feel free to visit CELF as it is for everyone not just for a few people :)!







Nice Post Rhys!!!!
ReplyDelete