X26 Observations and Odd Workings - 30th July 2012

Last Weekend saw the X26 go on a diversion down the A3 and M25 due to an Olympic Cycle event taking place, This also happened again on Wednesday the 1st.

Due to this long diversion the PVR had to raised by 3 to provide a equal service and Quality Line also decided to put extra buses out to help with any congestion that may occur on the routes diversion, An E40D and a few versas worked the route during this period DD13 was my ride and is seen here at Hatton Cross on its way To Heathrow Central


While I waited for DD13 to come back I decided to snap some of the other bus routes that operate in this area.




I also manged to snap both of the Versa's that were operating Extras 


I gave up waiting for DD13 to come back so rode OV10 back to West Croydon, this is one of the new buses for the 465 but due to the cycle even blocking most of the 465's route there was no other option but not operate the route on these days so there were quite a few spare buses at the Garage.

I shall also say that when riding OV10 back down the M25 When it got to a certain speed, around 60MPH, the limiter would cut in and it was quite jerky unlike DD13 which I rode earlier which managed a top speed of 65 MPH

Hope you have enjoyed this post and look out for the special Olympic post coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. Can E40D's really do 65mph? I was aware they were only capable of 43 :P

    Interesting to know! Nice post, love the angle on the first photo.

    Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think x26 should keep the citaros

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to make changes that will bring about an improved posts. However, if you misuse this facility, we will be forced to contact your Internet Service Provider, so be careful!