Top 10 Unusual Workings 2013: 4th Place

4th Place:
Route 162 757 YX13AHE - Bromley
Route 162 is operated with 8.9m Enviro 200s from Orpington Garage, but in the photo above is a 10.8m bus from Routes 126 & 284 and made a very unusual appearance on the route and did not get subbed. The allocation daily is solid 8.9m vehicles.

From what I have heard this is the first ever appearance of dual door bus on the 162 since the days it was operated by Stagecoach London at Bromley Garage, it was operated with 9.4m W Reg Plaxton Pointer darts. This route should not be using anything longer than 9.4m as there are some very tight roads in the Chislehurst area, whoever got to drive this on the day it was out must have had fun getting that through Edgebury Estate! Out of the routes at Orpington garage that use 8.9m buses only the 233, 352 & R11 are suitable to have buses of this length in service, the 233 can also take double deckers.



3.5th Place
Route 367 732 YX11CTF - Bromley

Whilst preparing this daily countdown I wondered if I would ever have to shift another off the list or even place a shadow placement and I was wrong. Your all probably wondering 3.5th place and probably confused. I thought about it, why not as both of these workings are equally similar, very unusual and very rare and both images are taken on the same road in Bromley. Well here it is an additional shadow. I've given this 3.5th Place as from what I know 9.4m buses haven't been on this route as Metrobus do not have any in their fleet.

The 367 is operated with 8.9m Dart SLF East Lancs Esteems, in the photo above is a 10.2m bus from Route R9 and today made a very unusual appearance on the 367 and only did 1 rounder, it was swapped with 279 on the 352 at Bromley North Station at Lunch time as it shouldn't be on the route. Like the 162, the allocation daily is solid 8.9m vehicles. Like the 162 this is another route which should not be using buses longer than 8.9m from what I have heard, but according to the LVF a 10.8m Enviro 200 went out on the route in June so is the second occurrence this year.


That's all for today
3rd Place out tomorrow 




Thanks for Reading! 
Feel free to Comment Below!

0 comments:

We welcome your feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to make changes that will bring about an improved posts. However, if you misuse this facility, we will be forced to contact your Internet Service Provider, so be careful!